viernes, 23 de mayo de 2008

Being a Teacher; The UPS and DOWNS

So it´s been a while since we´ve been here (2 weeks) and we all love the kids we teach. At first it was kind of hard for most of us because we don´t really speak their language and didn´t know how to connect with them. This little bump in the road lasted for about 2 days at the most because their enthusiasm to learn and our willingness to be patient kicked in. On wednesday we went to the houses of a few of our students to deliver some donated clothes. Seeing the extent of their poverty tore us apart. I´m not so sure about the othe PHAers but I for 1 wanted 2 just 2 break down and cry. Just knowing that we´re really making an impact in their life really makes a difference. Although we love them to death, things can at times get really difficult. Today for example I caught myself being really frustrated with them when they wouldn´t listen. I felt like they weren´t appreciating the time we were spending with them. Regardless I still love ¨my kids¨and I know that no matter what they put me through, I am making a difference. I just dont know how I´ll feel when we leave.

No hay comentarios.: