lunes, 4 de junio de 2012

Guanaco in a Chapin world

well I want to start off by saying how being in Guatemala has been the best. I do not want to go back to the United States at all. I live with Derrell and for me to share a bedroom with someone else has been the best as well.I teach at a school in San Pedro and I teach 6A and 6B with Yasmine. So far we tought them how say body parts in english, how to say clothing in english. For my Final Project I was planning to let both class draw uniform of a sport and to label everything about the uniform.. Basically the living condition in this country is the same as the living conditions in El Salvador. I lived the way these kids are living today. The only thing that has been difficult for me has to be not connecting with my friends in the USA. but I love it here in Antigua Guatemala.
 Joshua (Flako)


I just want to start of by saying this trip so far has been so eye opening. This country is so heart warming and welcoming. Teaching my 5th grade kids in San Pedro has changed my perspective on everything. The kids are happy to see us everyday and I never get that kind of love in the U.S. Living with Joshua has been the best to because hes a native speaker and he helps me to communicate with our host family. Everyday in Guatemala has been an adventure and has changed me little by little. Thanks God for this trip.
 Derrell H. Desir (Fresco)

2 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

Wow josh (flako) hey man with miss you here and I hope that everything the me and Gato with talk you how life is there and now you know how it's and I am glad that you liked well can wait to see you man love you my flako ( EL MORRO )

maynor dijo...

Wow bro .. can u believe our whole family had to live through worse conditions! I know this experience that ur having in guatemla is gnna help u in many ways just one more week away and i can be with my big bro again .. love you whitey-maynor