martes, 31 de mayo de 2011

So far

I just returned from teaching in San Pedro and am waiting for my roomate Alex to finish his Spanish lesson. Teaching is San Pedro is great, at first my teaching partner Jaenelle and I were really worried but then the class began to flow and our first week of teaching has been great. The little kids are really fun and are so interested in everything Jaenelle and I have to say. They are so eager to learn and understand what we have to say. I have noticed that it is much easier for them to remeber the words we teach them than it is for them to spell them. At reccess the kids are so energetic it is hard to keep up with them. The first night went well and Alex and I ended going to a party for a friend of the family's son who just graduated from college. Since then we have had many night activities ranging from a sports night to learning about Mayan traditions to a demonstration about the uses of corn. The weekend was really fun we climbed a volcano Saturday and then swam in a lake Sunday. When we were coming back across the lake on the boat they pretended the engine broke but then they let us jump off the back of the boat which was great even though some people had trouble getting back on the boat.
6/6/11
John McCormick

No hay comentarios.: