martes, 24 de mayo de 2011

4 days before I leave

It's four days before I leave and I don't really have any emotions. I'm not ecstatic about leaving, but neither am I upset. I'm just in a whatever mode. What am I looking forward to? I'm looking forward to just being able to make a difference in some kids lives and being in another country. Also, I am looking forward to taking risks and jumping into the lake and climbing a volcano and going down the zip-lines in Guatemala. What do I want to learn? I want to learn how to live life like the people in Guatemala. I know I am more fortunate than some in Guatemala, and I want to experience how they live. What am I nervous about? I'm not nervous about anything. I have been away from my parents for three weeks before and I just so happen to be away with a group of kids about the same size and same number of teachers. Of course I wasn't in Guatemala; I was in China, but we also had home-stays. Overall, I'm just ready to have some fun and experience something new.

No hay comentarios.: