martes, 1 de junio de 2010

Nuestro Español Esta Mejorando

Every morning all the students arrive at Sevilla. Half go to San Pedro to partake in a community service project, however the other half participate in one on one spanish classes. The first night we got here, we were all introduced to our teacher. My teacher is Gustavo or Stevie Wonder.

I am not going lie at first I was ambivalent about the whole one on one class. I am more accustomed to being in a class. Yet to my surprise, I found that the one on one spanish classes ARE THE BEST! You are able to focus on what you need to work on and what you want to learn. I, for example, had no idea what este, ese, and aquel were used for until the other day when Gustavo explained them.

Not only are the classes intensive because of the amount of oral work you need to do, but they are also so much fun. After our break at 10 am, everyone usually gets together with another set of students or teachers and play scrabble. And yes it is in spanish. I don't like it because I think that scrabble is boring, and I can't play scrabble in english never mind spanish. Although this is very true, it is also very true that it is an excellent way to improve your spanish vocab. Therefore, it has it's uses.

Overall, I am very pleased with how intensive the classes are and how fun they are as well.

No hay comentarios.: