jueves, 27 de mayo de 2010

Take it one day at a time ...

Today makes day 3 that I've been in Guatemala. I'm already home sick, snapping at people, and getting on peoples nerves and yes, it's JUST day 3. Yet, I love it here. My host family is amazing and they can speak English. You're probably thinking " Score, thats great for you ! " But no. They don't speak English to me nor will they ever. It stresses me out, but in the long run, it'll help me out a lot. The food you ask? AMAZING ! I can honestly say I'm not just eating the snacks I have stored away in my room. My roommate? Well that's a different story. Haha, i'm kidding. Alex is helping me out a lot and I love having my best friend as my roommate ( it's a plus ! ) My teacher is very understanding and sometimes I feel bad that she has to repeat everything at least 4 times. She says she doesnt mind because that's what we're sitting there for 4 hours a day doing. She's a huge help and i'm actually learning a lot while having a good time with her. This morning wasn't our best day, just for the simple fact that I broke down crying when she said hi to me. She helped me relax and the rest of my day was much better. The kids are adorable and they even help me with my Spanish. Hopefully I come back speaking a little better ! Well, as you can tell as soon as you get here, you start going ! Now I'm off to dinner, tell you more about it later :)

No hay comentarios.: