jueves, 27 de mayo de 2010

First Impressions of Guatemala -- WOW !

The first day in Guatemala was a lot to take in . I met my host family and it was just nerve-wrackinggggg ! Yes , I can speak the language but honestly , I was speechless . That first night we also met our spanish teachers & my teacher looks EXACTLY like my Tia Tita; scary but funny :) . The best part so far was the salsa and merengue class; I did not think I would actually learn something , knowing that its usually the same thing over and over again . Teaching is the most unpredictable thing I have ever done; I was not expecting to be teaching such different second graders . I have two second grade classes at San Pedro and they are completely the opposite from each other . One has all males who dominate the class and the other evens out but of course , there has to be that ONE trouble-maker . Overall , its been going pretty goodd -- Cant wait to see whats nexttttttttttt !

No hay comentarios.: